PhotoDeck’s mission is to empower independent photographers with the best technology to market and run their business online. We sat down with PhotoDeck Founder J-F Maion to find out what makes PhotoDeck an industry-leading platform:
1. What about PhotoDeck gets you out of bed in the morning? Knowing that I’ll be able to focus 100% on keeping improving our product and serving our members, as opposed to unproductive chores like pleasing investors (we’re self-financed and profitable) or advertising (we rely on word of mouth).
2. What about PhotoDeck keeps you up at night? Frankly I sleep very well 😀 The system is apparently intuitive enough that most members seldom need to contact us. And since we focus on the long-term, we’ve made extra sure that the platform’s technical foundations are rock-solid and that we iron out nagging issues before they grow out of proportion. We haven’t had downtime in years, even for very major updates, that’s pretty unique and significant in our industry. Of course it’s not all 100% in our control so we’re touching wood, but we’re still confident.
3. What’s the most important thing you’re working on right now, and how are you making it happen? Currently we’re working on mitigating the effect of a potential (although unlikely) major Amazon cloud failure (that’s where the image files are stored). That’s a good example of how far we go in securing our members’ data (and our business). We’re also working on a revamp of a major feature set, but all I can tell for now is that it should please Snapizzi users 😉
4. What PhotoDeck features are you most proud of? What makes me really proud is when a member writes to tell how much PhotoDeck has made her life better or improved her business, and that can’t be pegged to a single feature.
5. Why should Snapizzi users choose PhotoDeck as their platform? There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to photography websites, but things that come to mind for Snapizzi users are advanced e-commerce with 0% commission, website speed (important for proofing), and of course, full responsiveness (our websites are optimized for mobile devices).
6. Anything else you’d like us to know? Use coupon code PDSNAP and get 50% off your first month in addition to the free 14-day trial (expires July 31st, 2016).
Start your free trial today!